The National Hemp Association will be having its 2016 annual membership meeting and election of Board members on Saturday, May 29th from 2-5 PM in Denver, CO. This is the opportunity for all members to participate in forming the direction of the Association by electing a slate of members to serve on the association Board.
Beginning immediately any current NHA member may be nominated for consideration. Nominees will need to complete the attached application form, which will be reviewed by the NHA Nominating Committee made up of three current Board members, Samantha Walsh, Mike Bowman, and Cathy Hearn. The committee will review all applications, conduct interviews to help determine qualifications and propose a slate of candidates to be voted on by the members at the May member meeting.
Serving on the National Hemp Association should be viewed as a labor of love. This volunteer position is a three-year term and typically takes between 10 to 20 hours each month depending on the issues before the Board. As a working Board all members are expected to participate in the following:
- Be a current NHA member at any level
- Attend monthly 1-hour call-in Board Meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee (current committees include finance, education and legislation)
- Attend and represent the association at events in your part of the country
- Help in the ongoing effort to raise funds and make connections for the association.
As a national trade association for the hemp industry we strive to represent the needs of all sectors of the industry and look for geographical, economic and gender diversity when selecting potential candidates for our Board.