- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Winona LaDuke.
August 31, 2021 at 1:58 pm #21230Winona LaDukeParticipant
Job Position: Hemp Project Coordinator
Application deadline: OPEN until filled
Anishinaabe Agriculture Institute (AAI) is hiring a hemp project coordinator to work with our community to develop, evaluate and assess feasibility value-added products for our hemp. This position will work closely with our sister organizations Akiing and Winona’s Hemp.
A day In this position would look like…..
The ideal candidate for this position is not afraid of spreadsheets, google meets, invoices and tracking systems. A typical day might begin with a strategy call discussing seed ordering and addressing a strategy for dealing with delays in delivery of seed shipment, that will push production of hemp fiber out by 2-4 weeks. Next, the candidate might be filling out paperwork for the permit to grow hemp in Northern Minnesota from state and federal agencies. A portion of the day might include a site visit to the hemp fields and learning from the hemp growing team about the costs they’ve incurred this season, and helping them document these costs to produce a viable business plan.
Other qualifications and considerations:
● Proficiency and flexibility with office technology including PCs, smartphones, digital
camera, conference calls (Zoom), Online cloud storage, google sheets & google docs,
Word and Excel
● Experience working with Tribal communities; willingness to learn about contemporary
challenges, concerns, and interests of Lake County tribal community and ecology
● Able to work with diverse groups, build and maintain strong working relationships
● Able to develop and follow a prioritized plan of work, set and keep deadlines and work
on multiple projects concurrently
● Strong communication skills with the ability to listen well, and write and speak effectively
● Able to contribute to a high-functioning, collaborative team environment
Find further details about the position here: http://anishinaabeagriculture.org/work-with-us
Please submit a resume and a brief description of yourself and your interest in our work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.